Rebuilding the world
A father was trying to read the newspaper, but his little son kept pestering him.
Finally, the father grew tired of this and, tearing a page from the newspaper – one that bore a map of the world – he cut it into several pieces and handed them to his son.
‘Right, now you’ve got something to do. I’ve given you a map of the world and I want to see if you can put it back together correctly.’
He resumed his reading, knowing that the task would keep the child occupied for the rest of the day.
However, a quarter of an hour later, the boy returned with the map.
‘Has your mother been teaching you geography?’ asked his father in astonishment.
‘I don’t even know what that is,’ replied the boy. ‘But there was a photo of a man on the other side of the page, so I put the man back together and found I’d put the world back together too.’
( in “Like a flowing river”)
This is so deep holy fucking shit.
- the-memsahib likes this
- taylormotherfuckingdiamond likes this
- jurassic-piss likes this
- shesthebestoftheworst reblogged this from isawthesunset
- yankeebayonet likes this
- brookeradtastic reblogged this from erbearsuckzdick
- erbearsuckzdick reblogged this from isawthesunset
- isawthesunset reblogged this from birdwatchingandviceversa
- isawthesunset likes this
- birdwatchingandviceversa reblogged this from jetherit and added:
- birdwatchingandviceversa likes this
- jetherit reblogged this from indigenousdialogues and added:
- indigenousdialogues reblogged this from majnouna
- live33life likes this
- gierlichmypussy likes this